1 packet pasta shells
1-litre water (Salt added)
For Red Pasta Sauce
5 tomatoes chopped
6 cloves garlic
½ cup cashew nuts
1 white onion roughly chopped
1 red bell pepper finely chopped
1 raw beetroot chopped in cubes
1 carrot finely chopped
2 sticks of celery
½ cup of cranberries
1 red hot chilli
1 tsp Himalayan salt or according to taste
Handful basil leaves
Olive oil (for drizzling)
1. Preheat the oven to 180degrees. On a baking tray, add all the ingredients for the red pasta sauce and drizzle olive oil.
2. Bake in the oven for 15minutes. Once the vegetables are roasted, let it cool for a few minutes and then blend in a blender until you have a smooth paste.
For the White Sauce
3 tbsp olive oil
½ cup almond flour
½ cup gluten-free organic oats ground into flour
2 ½ oats unsweetened milk
1 tsp Himalayan salt
¼ tsp nutmeg
1 tsp dried mixed herbs
1 tsp garlic pepper
½ tsp chilli flakes
5 cups finely chopped fresh spinach
2 large courgettes grated
Other green vegetables – kale, Chinese cabbage etc (optional)
Ricotta Cheese or any other cheese of your choice
1. Heat a pan on medium-low flame. Once the pan is hot, add the oil, almond flour and oats flour. Slow roast, stirring consistently until you have a golden pink colour.
2. Add the milk and turn the flame medium-high. Next, add the salt, nutmeg, mixed herbs, garlic pepper, chilli flakes and mix well. Keep stirring.
3. Switch off the gas once it starts boiling and you have a nice creamy texture.
4. Take the pan off the gas and add the spinach. Mix it well. Add the courgettes and mix. Taste and season accordingly.
5. To cook the pasta, boil the water in a saucepan. Once the water is boiling, add salt and pasta. Cook for 10 minutes only as they should be nice and firm.
6. Once the pasta shells are ready, fill the pasta shells with the white sauce and put them on a baking tray. Add the red sauce on top, sprinkle some grated cheese and bake for 15 minutes on 180 degrees. Serve hot and enjoy!