Bean Chilli Bowl
DAY 2 – DINNER
BEAN CHILLI BOWL – SERVES 2
Perfect for Healing Root Chakra
1 cup adzuki beans, boiled
1 cup black turtle beans boiled
1 tbsp olive oil
1 red onion chopped
3 garlic clove sliced
1 small green bell pepper chopped in small cubes
1 small yellow bell pepper chopped in small cubes
½ tsp cinnamon powder
1½ tsp cumin seeds powder
1 tsp coriander powder
½ tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 red chilli finely chopped
3 juicy fresh tomatoes finely chopped
½ bunch fresh coriander leaves finely chopped
Himalyan salt as per taste
Black pepper cracked as per taste
1 cup brown rice soaked for ½ hour
½ tsp Himalayan salt or as per taste
1 tsp cumin seeds
½ cup quinoa
5 cups water
1 lime cut into wedges
2 tsp chia seeds
1 avocado chopped (optional)
2-3 sprigs coriander leaves
1. Heat olive oil in a non-stick pan on medium flame. Once the oil is hot, add red onions, garlic and cook for 5 minutes or until the onions are caramelized.
2. Add bell peppers with rest of the spices and stir thoroughly for 2-3 minutes over medium flame.
3. Next, add the juicy tomatoes, adzuki beans, black turtle beans, coriander leaves, Himalayan salt, black pepper, and simmer for about 20 minutes. Taste and adjust the flavours as per your liking.
4. To cook the rice, wash and rinse the brown rice. Place the rice in a medium-size saucepan with water, Himalayan salt, cumin seeds and quinoa. Bring to boil over medium flame. Simmer for 25 minutes until all the water has absorbed and the rice is cooked well.
5. To serve – in a bowl add a spoonful of brown rice, followed by bean chilli, few avocado slices with a sprinkle of chia seeds and a drizzle of lime juice topped with a sprig or two of fresh coriander leaves as garnish. Enjoy!