DAY 3 – BREAKFAST
MILLET PORRIDGE – SERVES 2
2 tbsp coconut oil (un-melted)
2 tbsp Arabic gum powder (goond)
4 tbsp millet flour or amaranth flour
¼ tsp ajwain seeds (optional)
½ tsp ginger powder
¼ tsp cardamom powder
1 -1/2 cup water
For the Sugar Syrup
3 tbsp black strap molasses, carob, or date syrup (or honey)
¼ cup coconut flakes or desiccated coconut
¼ cup goji berries
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp hemp seeds
Handful chia seeds
1/2 cup warm water
1 tbsp Finely chopped almonds
1 tbsp Finely chopped pistachios
Pinch of saffron
1. Heat a non-stick pan on medium-low flame and add coconut oil.
2. Once the oil is melted, add the Arabic gum, and cook with the coconut oil, gently stirring for 1-2 minutes on slow flame.
3. Then add millet flour and cook on low heat. Add ajwain seeds if using, ginger powder, cardamom powder. Mix it well and keep stirring for at least 3 minutes until the millet flour is cooked well with the coconut oil and Arabic gum and the colour changes.
4. Next, add water and stir. Switch off the gas.
5. For the sugar syrup, blend all the ingredients into a smoothie maker or a blender and blend until smooth paste. Taste and adjust the flavours as per your liking.
6. Switch on the gas on medium-low flame and add the sugar syrup to the millet mixture. Mix all the ingredients well. Cook for another minute or two. Taste and adjust the flavours as per your taste.
7. To serve, pour the porridge in a bowl, sprinkled with almonds, pistachios and a pinch of saffron