DAY 2 – LUNCH
HEARTY BEAN SALAD – SERVES 2
½ cup quinoa
2 cups kajal’s vegetable broth
1 cup French beans trimmed
2 cups kale finely chopped
1 cup fresh garden peas
¼ cup pecan nuts
For the Dressing
2 tbsp extra virgin cold-pressed olive oil
2 tbsp organic blackstrap molasses
2 garlic cloves
Rind of 1 lime
½ tsp Himalayan salt or as per your taste
½ tsp cayenne pepper
Juice of 1 lime or as per your taste
¼ cup fresh coriander leaves finely chopped
¼ cup fresh mint leaves finely chopped
1. Combine the quinoa and vegetable broth in a saucepan on medium flame. Bring to boil, then simmer, uncovered for 20 minutes.
2. Take off the heat and allow the excess liquid to be absorbed and quinoa to cool. Fluff with a fork and set aside.
3. Blanch the kale, French beans, and garden peas in separate saucepans of rolling boiling water for 3-4 minutes. Drain and submerge into bowls of ice-cold water for a further 3 minutes to cool.
4. Add the greens in a mixing bowl and keep aside.
5. To make the dressing, whisk all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Taste and adjust the flavours as per your liking.
6. In a pan, add the pecan nuts and dry roast for 2-3 minutes over medium heat. Leave aside to cool.
7. To plate – in a serving bowl, add the quinoa, followed by the greens. Toss the pecan nuts through the salad. Just before serving drizzle over the dressing