DAY 1 – LUNCH
BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND RED CABBAGE SALAD – SERVES 2
For Baked Salad
½ butternut squash peeled, halved and cut into slices
½ tsp chilli flakes
½ tsp sea salt or as per your taste
4 garlic cloves, finely sliced
1 tsp fresh thyme or dry mixed herbs
1 ½ tbsp extra virgin cold-pressed olive oil
For the Dressing
3 tbsp extra virgin cold-pressed olive oil
2 tbsp date syrup
Zest of 1 orange
Juice of 1 orange
½ tsp cinnamon powder
½ tsp himalayan salt or as per your taste
3 tbsp fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
For the Raw Salad
½ small red cabbage, grated
Handful dried cranberries
¼ tsp sea salt or as per your taste
Freshly cracked black pepper as per taste
¼ cup walnuts and pecan nuts mix, toasted
1 tbsp black sesame seeds
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees for 10 minutes.
2. Add all the ingredients for the baked salad in a baking tray with parchment paper, mix and bake in the oven for 20 minutes on 180degrees. Ensure it is well cooked.
3. For the dressing, add all the ingredients in a smoothie maker and blend. Taste and adjust the flavours according to your liking. Store in an airtight jar.
4. To make the raw salad, add all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix well.
5. To serve – plate the red cabbage mixture at the bottom of the serving tray, followed by the baked butternut squash. Drizzle the dressing over the salad just before serving and finish it off by garnishing with nuts and seeds.