DAY 2 – BREAKFAST
HEARTY GRANOLA – SERVES 2
1/4 cup date syrup or molasses
2 tbsp vanilla extract
3 tbsp extra virgin cold-pressed olive oil
2 cups kale – stalks taken off
2 cups oats
1 cups coconut flakes
½ cup sunflower seeds
½ cup pumpkin seeds
¼ cup flaxseeds
1 tbsp spirulina
1 cup dried cranberries
1. Add the date syrup, vanilla extract, olive oil, flaxseeds, spirulina and kale in a food processor or a blender and blend.
2. Add the blend with the rest of the ingredients except the cranberries, and coconut flakes to a baking tray with parchment paper.
3. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes on 180 degrees or until golden brown. It is important not to over crowd the baking tray.
4. Remove from the oven and allow it to cool completely. Ensure it is not sticky. If it is sticky, bake for another 5 minutes until dry but be careful not to let it burn. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
5. Once cooled, store in an airtight container.
6. Serve with plant-based yogurt or milk of your choice.
7. This Hearty Granola is great as a snack, or a breakfast served with yogurt or just crumbled over a savoury salad!
The juice recipe will be uploaded on my blog post on my website- in bio!
#mentalhealth #mentalhealthawareness #mentalhealthmatters #mentalhealthsupport #mindfulness #mindfulliving #plantbased #chakras #chakrahealing #plantbased #foodporn #healthylifestyle #healthyeating #healtyfood @kajalshealthykitchen