Paneer Tikka Wraps
Tandoori Paneer Tikka wrap - serves 4
500g paneer cut in cubes
2 large mixed peppers chopped in cubes
1 large white onion chopped in cubes
For the Masala
4 tbsp chickpea flour
Handful cashew nuts
1 1/2 tsp coriander seeds
1 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp fennel seeds
2 small cinnamon sticks
1 1/2 tsp fenugreek seeds
3 small fresh bay leaves
For the Marinate
Masala paste (as above)
2 tbsp ginger paste
1 tbsp garlic paste
1 tsp green chilli paste
2 tbsp olive oil
5 tbsp lemon juice
2 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp red chilli powder
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 tsp garam masala
2 tsp Himalayan salt or as per taste
1/4 cup yogurt
2 tbsp Oil (for grilling)
Wooden skewer soaked in water for 10 minutes
1. For the masala, in a non-stick pan, add chickpea flour and dry roast on low flame until the flour turns pinkish in colour. Then add cashew nuts and mix well.
2. Next add rest of the ingredients for the masala and roast for 3 minutes until you smell the aroma. Switch off the gas and let it cool.
3. Once cool, blend in smoothie maker or blender into a smooth paste.
4. For marination, add the masala paste with rest of the ingredients and mix well. Taste and adjust the flavours accordingly.
5. Add paneer, green bell peppers, onions and gently mix. Marinate for 15 minutes.
6. Thread a piece of bell pepper, paneer cube, onions to the skewer and repeat the process until you have about 3 - 4 pieces of each depending on how long the skewer is.
7. Grill the pan on medium flame and add oil. Place the tikka on the grill pan and shallow fry for 2 minutes on each side.
8. Grill over direct flame for 6-7 seconds.
9. To serve, on a serving plate, place one wrap, spread the salad mix all around, followed by paneer tikka skewers. Drizzle Amli and green chutney with a sprinkle of freshly chopped coriander leaves!
The chutney recipe videos are available on my Instagram reels.