Root Chakra Healing Soup
Root Chakra Healing Soup - Serves 2
1 tsp unmelted coconut oil
1/2 fresh fennel finely chopped
1/4 raw butternut squash chopped in small cubes
1 litre vegetable broth (recipe separately provided)
1/4 cup whole oats
2 handfuls coconut flakes
For the Red Thai Curry Paste
1 red dry chilli
1/2 red bell pepper roughly chopped
3 insulfured apricots
1 small red tomato roughly chopped
2 kaffir leaves
2 tbsp fresh turmeric
1 small stick fresh lemon grass
1 small beetroot boiled, peeled and roughly chopped
1 flat tsp cumin seeds
1 flat tsp coriander seeds
1 heaped tsp ginger paste
1 heaped tsp garlic paste
1/4 cup coconut milk
1 tsp Himalayan salt or as per taste
2 tbsp lemon juice
1/4 cup water
2-3 fresh coriander leaves
1 tbsp sunflower seeds
1 tbsp coconut flakes
1. Heat a non-stick pan and add coconut oil on medium flame.
2. Once the coconut oil melts, add fresh fennel and butternut squash. Stir well.
3. Add vegetable broth and mix well. Cover with lid and cook on medium flame for 14-15minutes or until the butternut squash is soft.
4. For the Red Thai curry paste, add all the ingredients in a smoothie maker and blend until smooth paste. Taste and adjust the flavours accordingly.
5. Once the butternut squash is cooked, add the curry paste, whole oats and mix well. Cook for a minute.
6. Next add coconut flakes and mix. Cook for another two minutes until the soup comes to boil. Switch off the gas. Taste and adjust the flavours as per taste.
7. Pour the soup on a serving bowl, garnish with coriander leaves, sprinkle of sunflower and coconut flakes.
8. This soup can be served with quinoa, amaranth, millet bread or just on its own.