DAY 1 – DINNER
STUFFED SAVOURY CHICKPEA WRAPS – MAKES 4
For the Batter
200g chickpea/gram flour
½ tsp turmeric powder
½ tsp cumin powder
½ tsp garam masala
½ tsp garlic powder
Himalayan Salt as per taste
Black Pepper as per taste
1 tsp organic melted coconut oil or more as needed
For the Beans Mixture
2 cups mixed beans of your choice, boiled
(For example butter beans, chickpeas, cannelloni beans, black eyed beans, green beans, kidney beans, lima beans, fava beans, fayot beans, red beans, mung beans, navy beans, pinto beans, black beans, lentils, peas, soybeans, adzuki beans)
2 green apples, cored and finely chopped
¼ cup fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp Himalayan salt or as per taste
1 tsp chaat masala (optional)
For the Guacamole
3 ripe avocado halved and stoned
Juice of 1 lime
Handful coriander leaves chopped
½ red onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 green chilli, chopped (optional)
2-3 sprigs whole coriander leaves
Sprigs of whole coriander leaves
1. In a large mixing bowl, add the dry ingredients for the batter and mix well.
2. Gradually add water and whisk until smooth. Leave the batter to rest for 5 minutes.
3. Heat a heavy-based pan over medium flame and add coconut oil.
4. When the oil is hot, turn down the heat to medium-low and ladle a spoonful of batter onto the pan, gently tilting in all directions to thin out the mixture evenly.
5. Cook for 4-6 minutes or until the underside has turned golden brown. Flip over and cook for another 2 minutes.
6. Repeat the process with the remaining batter, using more coconut oil as needed.
7. To make the beans mixture, in a mixing bowl, add all the ingredients for the beans mixture and mix well. Taste and adjust the flavours as per your liking.
8. To make the guacamole, scoop the flesh of the avocados into a mixing bowl. Mash the avocados using a fork. Add lime, red onions, fresh coriander leaves, garlic and green chilli. Mix everything well. (Sit a stone in the guacamole if not serving straightaway as this helps to stop it from going brown).
9. To Serve - plate the chickpea wrap at the bottom of the serving tray, followed by spreading the guacamole and then the beans mixture. Finish it off by garnishing with 2-3 fresh sprigs of coriander leaves.