1 1/2 Cup Water
1 tsp Citric acid
2 tsp Himalayan salt
3 tsp Brown Sugar
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
2 cup Chickpea flour
2 tbsp Olive oil
1 flat tsp Baking soda
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1 tsp Mustard seeds
2 sprigs curry leaves
2 green chillies (chopped)
1 tsp brown sugar
2 tsp Lemon juice
1. Grease your dhokra pan with oil and keep aside.
2. In water, add citric acid, Himalayan salt, brown sugar and mix until sugar is dissolved. Keep aside.
3. In a large bowl, sieve the chickpea flour, add turmeric powder and mix until combined. Add prepared water making sure there are no lumps in the batter. Keep mixing for 5minutes until nice and smooth. Cover and let it rest for 15-20 minutes.
4. Add baking soda and mix thoroughly for 30 seconds.
5. Preheat the steamer before steaming the dhokla. Pour the batter immediately and steam for 30 minutes. When done, take them out of the steamer and let it rest for 2 minutes and cut into squares.
6. For the tempering, heat the pan and add oil. Once the oil is hot, add mustard seeds and let the seeds crackle.
7. Add curry leaves, green chillies, sesame seeds and saute for 30 seconds. Then add water, sugar, lemon juice and mix until the sugar dissolves. Cover the tempering with a lid for 40 seconds to let the aroma of all the tempering brew!
8. Pour the mixture over the Dhoklas. Let it soak for 12 minutes.
9. Serve with garlic Chutney.
Video recorded available on my Instagram and Facebook page.